STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK - Luxury Apparel

STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK  -  Luxury Apparel

7.11.2012

"W" Stands For Wendy!

I'm thrilled to see my friend, jewelry designer, Wendy Brandes' magnificent earrings plastered across SIX pages of this month's issue of W Magazine!  Go Wendy!

page from W Magazine featuring Matilda Sword Earrings by Wendy Brandes

This isn't the first time that Brandes' stunning pieces have been featured in a prominent fashion magazine, but I felt particularly excited about this spread because I have a special connection to her Matilda Sword Earrings.  I was lucky enough to have to opportunity to wear the exact pair of earrings to an event several months ago.  These intricately detailed works of art are crafted in 18K yellow gold and each one has a diamond and two sapphires -- I felt like a million bucks in these beauties!

wearing the earrings at the 15th annual Rising Star Awards in January
Photo Credit: Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images North America

Bonus!!  I also wore Wendy's Empress Wu Dragon Ring.  Three words... O.M.G.!

Brandes, the 2012 winner of the Fashion Group International's Rising Star Awards in the fine jewelry category, could not be reached for comment.  My sources tell me that she has been busy taking photos of her exotic short hair cat, FitzRoy.

6 comments:

  1. So cool! I'm jealous you got to wear the Empress Wu ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pix of you from the FGI event. Died laughing at the FitzRoy reference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel a million bucks in Wendy's Cleopatra earrings - always get compliments on them, too.

    The pic of little Fitz the Roy taking a cat nap is extremely cute. He seems to be exhausted a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally awesome! And that cat is hilariously cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those crucifix earrings are exquisite and would be perfect for a vampire movie! Just imagine the Count moving in for a neck-bite and getting an eyeful of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the earrings and the great press! Go Wendy!!! Congrats. Love the earrings on my friend Stacy.

    ReplyDelete