10. NY Times fashion critic, Cathy Horyn and designer, Oscar de la Renta bitch slap each other with words.
9. Marc Jacobs brings Dr. Seuss and fantasy to the runway for Fall 2012.
8. Comme des Garcons' Rei Kawakubo is praised for her Fall 2012 two-dimensional "paper dolls" collection.
7. Marc Jacobs wears a black lace Comme des Garcons dress with visible "tighty whities" to the Met gala in May.
6. Lagerfeld shows Chanel's annual Metiers d'Arts collection in a Scottish castle where Mary Queen of Scots was born and uses all Scottish fabrics/fibers.
5. The Olsen twins win the CFDA Award for womenswear.
4. Raf Simons makes an exit from Jil Sander and an entrance as creative director at Dior. Jil Sander returns to her eponymous label.
3. Stefano Pilati says goodbye to YSL to head up men's label Ermenegildo Zegna. Is he CRAZY? Former Dior Homme designer, Hedi Slimane fills Pilati's shoes in a big way as his first collection (Spring '13) for the label, now called, Saint Laurent is critically acclaimed.
2. Nicolas Ghesquiere drops a bomb announcing that after fifteen years, he's leaving the label he helped to reinvigorate. Youngster (and American), Alexander Wang replaces Ghesquiere as creative director at Balenciaga.
1. Brilliant jewelry designer and my bestie, Wendy Brandes wins Fashion Group International's 2012 Rising Star Award for Fine Jewelry (and wears a Stacy Lomman dress to accept her award)!!