STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK - Luxury Apparel

STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK  -  Luxury Apparel

6.26.2011

"Morange"

Yes, it's more orange!  Maybe next week I'll move onto something in the green family.  Color of the week?  Might be fun.


I guess I've been feeling this color for a while and it's not just a sudden or fleeting affair.  I realized that I have had a few storage boxes for magazines and miscellaneous items in pumpkin orange for several years now.  I really love how this color works with grey or white interiors.

Bigso of Sweden: available at Sam Flax


Then, I remembered the orange lip color that I envisioned for my first collection (Spring 2011) and after searching high and low, I found the perfect shade at M.A.C.  They cleverly called the lipstick, "Morange."
M.A.C. lipstick in "Morange" color. 


model, Cynthia Kirchner in my Spring 2011 show wearing "Morange" M.A.C. lip color


And then there is my silk double knit dress with shell shoulder detail.  It wasn't just the buttery softness of the fabric that appealed to me, but also the color.



my spun silk double knit draped dress

Last but not least, let us not forget Alexander McQueen -- ever.  I adore the simplicity of this piece.  It works perfectly without fuss or muss.  A color blocking masterpiece.

Alexander McQueen, Resort 2009
Photo: Style.com via Marcio Madeira

Okay, now that I have written two posts about pumpkin orange, I'm over it!  Hahaha.  I'm so jaded.  Hmmm, jade, now that's a nice color...

Stay tuned.

UPDATE: I just came across this amazing kitchen designed for the one and only, BETTE MIDLER!!  I had to ask interior designer, Mary Douglas Drysdale if I could post it and she graciously allowed it.  Thanks Mary!  Visit her web site to check out more of her beautiful work.

"A Little More Orange Kitchen!"
Mary Douglas Drysdale, Interior Designer

5 comments:

  1. accessorizing yes .. it's so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress Stacy!! Is that from the new collection? Beautiful color and gorgeous tailoring. Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...two consecutive posts on color...you know i'm in heaven =)
    oh wait...it's not about me...haha or is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Morange but I fear it doesn't look good on me :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ADORE orange!! I'm on blog catch up so I will have to visit your previous post as well. I own that first box as well as the others in the series - I got them at the Container Store. Your orange dress is stunning and I will have to check out that lipstick since an orangey red is perfect for me!!

    ReplyDelete