STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK - Luxury Apparel

STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK  -  Luxury Apparel

6.22.2011

Orange Ya Glad To See Some Color?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, "I'm a neutral girl."  Not neutral like Switzerland, rather, I'm partial to a neutral palette when it comes to my clothes.  It's a New York thing.  But, I certainly appreciate color and I go through little phases of loving a particular hue that speaks to me until I get bored with it and move on.  Story of my life!

I snapped this pic. of these cool vintage shades available at VEDA on the Lower East Side


Bottega Veneta's Montaigne bag, Spring 2011

Right now, I'm feeling orange.  Not fluorescent, safety orange, but something a little more sophisticated, a little softer and slightly more yellow than red.  Pumpkin... but a little more intense/saturated.  On one hand, it's a bit retro and on the other, it looks fresh.  Damn, I wish I had kept that leather skirt from high school... it would have been the perfect time to recycle it!





Jil Sander's Raf Simons used orange as one of the staple colors for Spring 2011

6 comments:

  1. Whoa, you had an orange leather skirt? Too cool! I love orange in all it's variations... so much so that I had orange hair for ages. At one point I had a VW "Thing" (amazing car, but horrid in winter) and my hair matched it perfectly!
    XXX
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange, hmmmm

    Is orange the new shocking pink? Because I now have ombre shocking pink big round sunglasses (the same ones I seem to buy every year, dull dull dull) and a shocking pink small bag with oodles of pompoms and flowers (ok, my dream bag, have to work it).

    Orange. Maxi skirts. What does this mean????

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...the title of the post caught me off-guard since it was your blog..haha...stacy? color?
    love this color! so much you can do with it...perfect pop...i say...go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those orange sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But the big question is: will you test your neutral ways and buy something orange? Would you wear an orange t-shirt with your neutrals?

    I like orange sometimes, but with red hair...yikes.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all the orange. I am very fair and auburn haired - it's one of my perfect shades!!

    ReplyDelete