STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK - Luxury Apparel

STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK  -  Luxury Apparel

10.18.2010

To Cool For School

Tomorrow morning, I will be speaking in front of a class of fashion marketing students and I'm hoping they'll actually learn something from me!  My very good friend, Adrienne, thinks it will be a tremendous opportunity for these kids to hear how I put my show and my collection together for Spring Fashion Week.  She bent my arm and I complied.  I'm more than happy to do it, I guess I'm just a little worried something like this will unfold...


classic Ferris Bueller scene

Hopefully nobody will drool!!  And I do think my discussion will be a bit more interesting and entertaining than Ben Steins' lesson on "Voodoo economics!"  I plan to tell these impressionable students how difficult this industry is, but how wonderful it can be as well.  I'm anxious to share with them how many generous people out there got behind me and supported me (mentally and financially) to help make my dream come true of putting on a show during NY Fashion Week.  Sometimes I still can't even wrap my head around it...

6 comments:

  1. You'll be influencing the lives of these young people forever! No pressure!

    You'll do a great job! Try to channel Eddie...

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you. You're going to be fabulous. Your passion for what you do will shine through and really inspire these budding fashionistas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait - am I a day late to this? Did it already happen? I know it's going to be great for everyone - regardless of my time delay... Give us the update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! What a great experience. And nobody fell asleep. Actually, they all wanted to be my intern! Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete