STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK - Luxury Apparel

STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK  -  Luxury Apparel

1.30.2012

Goal and Win!

It's been a good week Taffetadarlings!  I reached my fundraising goal on Kickstarter and I couldn't have done it without your help.  Every season, I've had such an overwhelming amount of support and encouragement and this time was no different.  Also, with each collection, I've had a few "angels" come out of nowhere to surprise me with their extreme generosity.   I feel incredibly lucky that such wonderful people have so much faith in me and my work.  Thanks to everyone who contributed this season (and past seasons), I'm so excited for Fall 2012, "Modern World!"

The other piece of good news I received recently was being named as a finalist for the Fashion Group International's 2012 Rising Star Awards in women's ready-to-wear.  The awards luncheon, to announce the winners, was held on Thursday, January 26 and I got up bright and early to head over to my girl, and fellow finalist in the fine jewelry category, Wendy Brandes' place.  I brought her a freshly finished dress I made for her to wear for the happy occasion. 

Wendy in her red peplum dress

While I didn't snag the prize this year, I was so happy to be a finalist and I've set my sights on next year!  The good news is that WendyB DID snag the award for fine jewelry!  Yay!  So, she and my dress (well, it's technically hers) stepped up to the stage looking radiant.  I was so happy for her that the elation just spewed out of me and I inadvertently let out a "Whooo, yah Wendy!"

(right to left) Wendy, holding her award; friend, client and Kickstarter contributor, Christine; me wearing an orchid -- all of the finalists were given corsages!
I was at a table with my friend James, and his group from Hearst and thankfully, they didn't view my little outburst as obnoxious, but genuine.  They had all commented on our "tag team" dynamic when I passed the elaborate Empress Wu dragon ring that caught everyone's eye around the table for them to admire (Wendy let me borrow it for the day!).  "You guys are adorable," they gushed.  "You wear her jewelry and she wears your clothes!"  And Wendy made sure that the entire crowd at Cipriani knew that she was wearing my dress when she thanked me in her perfect speech.  Talk about sharing the spotlight!  Now, that's generosity in its purest.
 
proudly displaying Wendy's Empress Wu dragon ring!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being a finalist and on meeting your fundraising goal. I love how you and WendyB support each other without fail.

    I'm very excited to see what you'll come up with next, Stacy. You are an inspiration.

    I really love that dress you did for Wendy. Your blue top is beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on achieving your target, S. Next year will be yours at FGI. And the dress you made for Wendy is gorgeous. It suits her so well and fits beautifully. I guess that's what happens when you get a made to measure piece. Perhaps, one day, my budget will extend to one of these great garments. :-)xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited that you reached your goal! can't wait to see the collection!

    ok...i had no idea that wendyb was wearing your dress...but when i saw it in pics...i was loving it...

    as elizabth said...i think it is really a testament of true friendship...when two can share each others triumphs...and share in it at the same time...

    congrats! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so happy that you reached your goal! I'm looking forward to celebrating YOUR future FGI Rising Star win, which I know is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for both of you!! Hope next year the award is yours! And then you can thank Wendy from stage too, hehe... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacy, I'm so happy for you, so proud of you. You deserve this year's honor of being a finalist and will definitely win next year!

    ReplyDelete