STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK - Luxury Apparel

STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK  -  Luxury Apparel

1.14.2012

Knit Baby, Knit!

Let me begin this post by saying that I am not a knitter.  I'm a designer, a seamstress, a tailor, a draper and even a pattern maker, but knitting is out of my comfort zone.  I like to work with fabric -- it's dimensional, tangible.  Knitting is kind of like creating fabric.  Actually, it's a lot like that, considering that yarn/fibers are woven together to produce material.  So, I'm not sure exactly what or who inspired me (maybe the amazing Kristin from K-Line), but I was determined to make a scarf to include in my Fall 2012 presentation. I'm sharing a glimpse of the partially finished piece, but you'll have to stay tuned to see the final product!

hand knit scarf in black/white baby alpaca

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's great! I'm finally back to knitting after a long hiatus. Your scarf looks great!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so thrilled to even maybe inspire knitting love in the smallest way! I think your knitting looks GORGEOUS! Can't wait to see how it ties in with everything else. I love that variegated felted wool (?) behind the knitting that has the same motif!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of this. I can't wait to see what it turns into!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was kind of sitting on that the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks soft and comfy and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete