STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK - Luxury Apparel

STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK  -  Luxury Apparel

4.24.2012

Nothing's New

I've discussed on this blog about the way fashion repeats and what's old becomes new again.  That's just the cycle and it's up to designers to take the concepts and breathe fresh air into them to make the styles current and modern.  Everybody has their own interpretation.  For example; I recently shared the influence that André Courrèges had on my recent collection....

Courrèges suit, 1965 (left), STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK, 2012 (right)
(photo source left / photo source right)

Apparently, I wasn't the only one who was looking at this great designer's repertoire for inspiration...

Derek Lam, 2012  (available at Neiman Marcus)

 
the REAL DEAL, 1965
(photo)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Courreges will inspire designers for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete