STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK - Luxury Apparel

STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK  -  Luxury Apparel

8.10.2012

R.I.P. Anna Piaggi

The fashion world lost an icon.  Editor, writer, muse and eccentric style maven, Anna Piaggi passed away in Milan on August 7th, 2012. I'd like to think the eighty-one year old poster child for "Wear What You Want" (as WendyB would say) was wearing one of her whimsical Stephen Jones hats and a colorful ensemble (maybe Westwood or vintage Patou) in her very last moments.

Anna Piaggi: March 22,1931 – August 7, 2012
Photo: Getty

3 comments:

  1. She always made me laugh! For some reason, I imagined that Carine Roitfeld would run screaming from her - the uber-French and uber-Italian stylistically fighting it out. But Ms. Piaggi seemed to be having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy, your blog is an education. I've never heard of this woman but based on this photo she was obviously a true original.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope she was wearing her red lipstick until the very end!

    ReplyDelete