STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK - Luxury Apparel

STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK  -  Luxury Apparel

11.16.2012

"Chalk" One Up For Me!

The city of Chicago is moving up on my list of favorite places to visit.  The people are polite and gracious in a very genuine way which I'm not quite used to, but find quite refreshing.  In September, I headed to the windy city take part in the prestigious and charitable Gold Coast Fashion Award Show, which I've already written about.  I connected with some wonderful people and had a great time at the show.
 
my collection on the runway at the
 
Cut to -- After a typical crazy NYC day, I was climbing the stairs to my apartment (no elevator!) while glancing at my mail.  Bill, bill, bill, junk, junk, junk... wait, what... who?  I came across a letter with an unfamiliar return address and cautiously opened it.  To my surprise, this is what I found...
 
what a nice note!
 
Are all Chicagoans (I heard this term used on the TV while I was there, so I guess it's legit!) this nice?  Who takes the time to send handwritten notes these days?  And, of course, she had to research me to find my mailing address.  I was so impressed, I called the next afternoon to say thank you and we had a lovely conversation.
 
 
my faux ostrich jacket with black & white stripe silk charmeuse lining
available exclusively at chalk (but I also do custom orders!)
 
I am also very happy to announce that two pieces from my Fall 2012 "Modern World" collection can be found at a chic boutique called chalk in Evanstan IL, just outside of Chicago. Yay!  So, if you're in the area, stop in and take a look at my faux ostrich jacket and Union Jack dress as well as the other beautiful merchandise and high-end labels they carry.
 
Stacy Lomman Union Jack cocktail dress
available exclusively at chalk (but I also do custom orders!)


2 comments:

  1. I seriously loved that boutique and knew it would be a good match for you as soon as I saw all the Barbara Bui they had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you Stacy.

    Evanston was the place where I was baptized, in 1958.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete