STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK - Luxury Apparel

STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK  -  Luxury Apparel

6.14.2010

What's Your Number?

I've been a little busy lately and I know I have been neglecting my blog over the past week or so.  I plan to be back on track soon.  Also, I've definitely fallen behind in reading my favorite blogs which I will get back to this week... sorry guys!

One thing that has been derailing me is that I've taken on an entire restructuring and reorganization of my apartment.  Absolutely everything came out of my closets!  I realized that I hadn't vacuumed all the way back there in a very long time.  I was also able to get an accurate count of my shoes.  Why not?  I was kind of curious.  I have 50 pairs... on the nose.  Well, that's not including all of my running sneakers, a pair of tennis sneakers, some hiking boots and all my flip-flops.  Oh, and the four pairs that I've decided to give away. 

I'm still in love with these Roger Vivier's which I posted on May 23

I'm thinking 50 pairs is not so bad, right?  We have to take into account that shoes are seasonal so it's not like I'm wearing them all at once!  That reminds me of a funny story (yes, another one of my goofy stories!).  An old boyfriend asked me one time, "Exactly how many shoes have you bought this year?"  To which I replied, "This year starting WHEN?"  I thought it was a completely legitimate statement!  He cracked up and wondered if there was some kind of 'shoe fiscal year' or something that he wasn't aware of since obviously, this year referred to -- since the New Year.  I tried to explain to him about seasonal shoe shopping, but he wasn't having any of that nonsense.

Calvin Klein Collection -- I set my eyes on these in February at the runway show

Anyway... I have veered off yet again.  I'm taking a poll to find out how many shoes you have and what a normal/average number is for a fashion savvy girl!  Let me hear it!

6 comments:

  1. I've been weeding my shoe collection aggressively - anything so uncomfortable as to be unwearable or that I just haven't worn in a few years has gone on to other homes, which leaves me - around 30 pairs, I think?

    When it comes to shoe-tallying, I'm never quite sure if "utility shoes" (hiking boots, sneakers for the gym, Wellies for muddy days in the garden) count or not. Obviously, they're shoes, but are they Shoes? For some reason, the shoes I buy for reasons of fashion exist, in my mind, in some rarefied higher state than the things I put on my feet to keep them from getting cold, injured, etc. I think it has something to do with using fashion as a tool to express/create identity vs. functional covering/protection of the body. Does this make any sense at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still giving away those 4? But they're so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed by your apartment overhaul. I try to go through my closets twice a year, but I need to be more agressive about a re-org so that I can actually see what lurks within!

    I did do a nerdy thing once and photographed all of my dresses. I then organized them in an iPhoto album so that I could keep track of what was shoved in the far back corners...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have about twenty, and five of them are trainers I wear in the gym.

    I love both that boot and that tartan heel. Will you get either one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 5 or 6 pairs of boots and about 10-12 pairs of shoes/sandals. I really only rotate about 3 pairs of boots, 3 sandals and 2 pairs of shoes. I love shoes but I can't bring myself to buy things I won't wear - and with all the walking I do my feet are SO fussy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't think i have ever counted how many shoes i have...haha...but i'm thinking i have more then 50...many i've had for years and years...but i still bring them out and wear them...
    will i be curious enough to count? not sure...

    ReplyDelete