STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK - Luxury Apparel

STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK  -  Luxury Apparel

6.09.2010

It's 10pm - Do You Know Where the Vampires Are?


The 10pm TV time slot is always a struggle for me.  If I'm home, I usually watch about 20 minutes of the news, get depressed and flip the channel.  Tonight, while clicking my remote, I happened upon the latest episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent and since I'm always happy to watch the tall, dark and intelligent, Jeff Goldblum, I paused. 


It seems as though Law & Order is the latest to jump on the vampire van, the bloodsucker bandwagon, the Transylvania train... somebody stop me, I've got more! Hmm, come to think of it, wasn't Jeff Goldblum in Transylvania 6-5000? So, apparently he's already done the research for his Law & Order episode!

Ed Begley Jr. and Jeff Goldblum in the 1985 film, Transylvania 6-5000

The lovely Tina, from The Occasional Cook, left a comment on my Vamps in Vogue post last week reminding me of the Count from Sesame Street and Count Chocula!  These were two very influential Counts in my life!  They made me feel like vampires weren't scary, instead they were funny, they could teach and they were delicious!

Count von Count & Count Chocula

This is my favorite vampy outfit right now, but I don't think it would be complete without Wendy Brandes' symbolic Vampire Diana Necklace (and ring) or her incredibly detailed and unexpected Bat Necklace in agate and silver.  Black nailpolish and red lips and I'm all set!

Givenchy, Fall 2010
Photo: Firstview


Wendy Brandes: Vampire Diana Necklace (left) in sterling silver and blackened silver & Bat Necklace (right) in agate and sterling silver

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout. I can't believe I missed that episode of Law & Order! I had read about it and been intrigues and then I totally forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vampire thing is so dreamy beautiful. Just like Jeff Goldblum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Thanks for the mention. I love that you did the side by side with the counts. They could be related! And I am loving that vampy Givenchy dress with the blood red lining peaking out. Sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so alike with the falling asleep at 10:20! And the bat necklace is SO fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And again...Jeff Goldblum. There is something about that man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to be a Givenchy/Wendy Brandes vampire too!

    ReplyDelete