STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK - Luxury Apparel

STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK  -  Luxury Apparel

12.09.2011

Pantone and Stacy Lomman : New York, Choose Orange

screen shot from Pantone's website

And the winner is... drum roll please... Tangerine Tango!!!  Pantone just announced its color of the year and it's bright and cheery, just in time for the holidays.  Now, some people are afraid of such bold hues and feel that they don't look good in orange, but if you select the right pieces and style them the right way (I agree... easier said than done), you can "make it work."

"Safety Orange" Nylon Rip Stop Gown -- from STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK Spring 2012 Biohazard Collection

I tend to wear mainly neutrals myself, however, I've been feeling orange for quite a while.  In fact, I did not one, but two posts on the happy color back in June.  I guess I just couldn't get enough because a little later, I included an orange gown in my Spring 2012, Biohazard Collection.  I called my color of choice, Safety Orange, which evokes an entirely different emotion than its relative, Tangerine Tango, but it's still just as lively.

"Safety Orange" Nylon Rip Stop Gown -- from STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK Spring 2012 Biohazard Collection
Photo: Shane LaVancher
So, taffetadarlings, be bold, be fearless, go forth and conquer.  Wear some orange... you might just like it!

5 comments:

  1. Any shade of orange is okay with me, when it's incorporated in to this lovely gown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...this was to be my post for the day as well...you beat me to it...
    love love love this new color of the year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thrilled with Pantone's pick - I'm most definitely an orange loving girl at heart!!

    ReplyDelete