STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK - Luxury Apparel

STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK  -  Luxury Apparel

2.02.2011

Beautiful Things

Recently, my beautiful friend Muriel, who has impeccable taste, introduced me to a beautiful line of handmade pottery.  Sara Goldhawk, of Goldhawk Pottery, is the artist behind these subtle, pretty creations.

Goldhawk's perfect heart!  Perfect for Valentine's Day.
Order through Etsy

Goldhawk, who is based out of Rochester, New York, writes in her Etsy profile that her vision is to create pieces for everyday use that are unique and well designed. All of her pottery is handmade using white stoneware clay with her initials and year at the bottom. Each pot is wheel thrown and fired twice - once in a bisque fire and then glaze fired in a kiln. Therefore, each piece takes at least two weeks from start to finish.

Turquoise White Stoneware Beach Tumbler
Goldhawk Pottery, available on Etsy

All pieces are dishwasher, oven and microwave safe!  How beautiful is that?  And do you know what else is beautiful?  The prices.  Goldhawk's pieces are incredibly affordable considering the time and the workmanship involved.

To learn more about Goldhawk, visit her blog, Clay and Ginger.  And visit her shop on Etsy to make a purchase! 

6 comments:

  1. Really beautiful ... it's so hard to do fine pottery. I tried and made shards alas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely! I want that heart shaped bowl!
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy:

    Thank you so much for posting Sara's creations. She is a very talented artist, and I have known her for years and years, back to the days when she was still painting and not into pottery yet. I have the most beautiful etching done by her. Sara deserves to be recognized for her talent and I thank you for giving her such a great exposure on your wonderful blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Thank you so much for the promotion. I appreciate your interest and hope you will keep an eye out for what I'm making as my studio is just taking off. I have many new items coming soon, including the possibility of some ceramic jewelry. My many thanks also to Muriel who amazes me!! I'm also going to list your blog on my sites...all the best to you!!

    ReplyDelete