If you're not familiar with the Fashion Group, it's a non-profit organization aiming to help its members become more effective in their careers. Membership has its perks and I would encourage anyone with an interest in fashion to join.
Goals of the organization as listed on their website are:
- To advance professionalism in fashion and its related lifestyle industries.
- To provide a public forum for examination of important, contemporary issues in the business of fashion.
- To present timely information regarding national and global trends that have an effect on the fashion industries.
- To attain greater recognition of men’s and women’s achievements in business.
- To encourage men and women to seek career opportunities in fashion and related industries.
- To provide activities and programs which enhance networking skills and encourage interpersonal contacts so as to further the professional, social and personal development of members.