STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK - Luxury Apparel

STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK  -  Luxury Apparel

5.28.2010

No SEX and No City

Sex and the City is kind of a misleading title for a film that takes place in a desert where sex is pretty much forbidden! Nonetheless, sexy siren, Samantha managed to get a smidge of action, though not without repercussions. Samantha (Kim Cattrall), pretty much stole the entire movie with her sharp tongue (you can read into that one, people!) and her hilarious antics. One of the best scenes was when a strappingly handsome Danish man speeds over sand dunes in a jeep and approaches the women and their hotel errand boys in the desert. As the gorgeous Dane drives off, Samantha collapses onto the girls laps in a faint of lust. “Lawrence of my labia,” she sighs. I know some people thought that joke distasteful, but I found it absolutely hysterical not to mention pretty damn witty.


Stacy (me) & Cleopatara/WendyB
both wearing WendyB 18K yellow gold and diamond Cleopatra earrings and I am also wearing the necklace!!

Forced puns and the type of cheese ball humor that I adore made the film light and fun. WendyB was telling me a story about a woman she knows who wrote a book about anorexia. “Is it a very thin book?” I asked. Ha ha. I’ll be here all night folks. Try the halibut, it’s fresh. This is the kind of necessary tongue-in-cheek that the film incorporates to avoid taking itself too seriously. Smart choice. After all, nobody is looking for drama in this movie. We got our share of that during the seven amazing years the show was on the air. At this point, it’s a party, a total girl’s night out, a fashion fest.

me (left) & adorable Jen Weitzman (right)

Last night, a posse of bloggers gathered to celebrate with dynamic jewelry designer, Wendy Brandes whose 18K yellow gold and diamond Cleopatra earrings appear in the film – one of the most iconic fashion films of all time! Shout out to WendyB! I suppose it was a coincidence that Samantha was wearing Ms. Brandes’ 4 ½” dangles in my favorite scene that I described above and we all let out a “Woohoo!” when they went in for a close up.

Kim Cattrall as Samantha in my favorite scene wearing WendyB 18K yellow gold and diamond Cleopatra earrings

Like the fabulous New York girls that we are, we met for cocktails before heading over to the Ziegfeld. The ever so glamorous and generous WendyB passed out 10 pairs of her Cleopatra earrings for all of us to wear to the show. I don’t know if it was because I had thousands of dollars of gold and diamonds dangling from my ears or simply the fact that they made me feel beautiful, but I walked with my chin a little higher as I pranced along with the other girls to the theatre. Heads turned. Tourists took our photo. We stopped traffic. OK, we didn’t stop traffic, but nothing can stop a NYC cab flying up 6th Avenue!

coy Tina (left) & sophisticated Ann (right)
wearing the silver version of Wendy Brandes Cleopatra earrings


After the film, we rallied the troops and made our way over to Benoit for more cocktails! MrB looked like a king surrounded with a harem of babes decked out in Cleopatra earrings. I thought at any minute someone may start fanning him or feeding him grapes! Actually, I have to give Wendy’s easy going husband kudos for dealing with all of us. And he was so proud of his wife; I think he would have worn a set of the Cleopatra earrings if Wendy had asked. Instead, he was outfitted with her brilliant Freud cuff links which suited him much better.

beautiful Tricia (left) & sultry Amy (right)

Here is a group photo with all of the lovely girls! (left to right): Tina (theoccasionalcook), Jen W. (40isthenewfabulous), Jen D., me, Amanda, Ann (holierthannow), Cleopatra/WendyB (wendybrandes,) Amy (midtowngirl), Alyssa,Tricia (fashionherald), Suzanne (ideefixe).

11 comments:

  1. I laughed all over again at "thin book." MMM! The halibut is delicious! Thank you so much for being there last night and for always being a great friend and support. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! looks like it was a fun fun nite...and you all looked fabulous...especially loving your look with earrings & necklace...

    what a fun treat that the lovely wendyb had you all wear the earrings...

    and mrb...well...he must have been loving life! with his harem and all... =)
    enjoy your weekend doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - this is the best blog post ever. Looking at the gorgeous babe bloggers and the Wendy Jewels ... and cocktails!!!!

    Too fun and your review was second only to being there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully seeing the movie tonight... wish I could be wearing the earrings too! You all look great in the earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THIS POST!!!! Sums up the evening's festivities perfect. We totally did stop traffic!!! It was so great to celebrate Wendy's big night together! I loved the movie, loved all the jokes and loved looking around and seeing everyone in the matching jewelry. Samantha totally stole the movie, she was hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone WAS so glamorous! If only Mr. B had worn a pair of Cleopatra earrings...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stacy: I am skipping reading the content here because I haven't seen the movie yet (going tomorrow night).

    But I will say this: you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful night! You are gorgeous in the earrings and necklace together, what a set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous, wish I was there. I won't even see the movie, I already miss NYC too much!

    BTW thanks for your kind comments. I really had a tough time making the decision to stop, I did think about more guest posts, bringing in help, etc but my brain just isn't in it now and I don't know if it ever will be again. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even thought the movie was ehh! Sounds like a super fun night! Thanks for sharing! I am jealous of the girls night!
    xoxo
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  11. You ladies all looked so gorgeous and I think most of us die hard fans felt the same way...We wanted a fun romp with killer fashion...and that's what we got!

    ReplyDelete