STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK - Luxury Apparel

STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK  -  Luxury Apparel

12.27.2010

Winter White

White after Labor Day?  Yes!  I've already made my policy known back in April, and again in June when I was wearing my summer bleaches head to toe.  I'm a fan of white, and worn correctly, there is no reason it can't be carried forward when it gets cold outside.  Of course, there are some general rules to follow in the winter months such as; cotton poplin, eyelet and crochet are not acceptable;  Be careful how pieces are layered -- pay attention to proportion and fabric textures.  And finally, white shoes are almost never a good idea.  Below are some examples of the right way to handle winter white...

Burberry Prorsum, Pre-Fall 2011

Calvin Klein, Pre-Fall 2011

Celine, Fall 2010

Michael Kors, Fall 2010

Max Mara, Fall 2010

Phillip Lim 3.1, Pre-Fall 2011

Above Photos: Style.com

5 comments:

  1. Yes, what's with all the 'rules' anyways? Screw it, I like winter white!
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love white. And black. And, umm, black.

    Love winter white when it's not raining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to bust out my winter white coat in NYC...maybe when I finally get to meet a certain someone? Hmmmmm. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. as i tell my clients...it is called "winter white" for a reason... =) it is beautiful in the cold winter months...oh...and thank you for mentioning white shoes as almost "never" a good idea...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacy check out www.fashion-tarts.blogspot.com...I've nominated you for a Stylish Blogger Award...

    ReplyDelete