STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK - Luxury Apparel

STACY LOMMAN : NEW YORK  -  Luxury Apparel

7.19.2010

Inspiration

I'm researching this week and gathering inspiration.  European Preview was great (in NYC last week) and it got the creative wheels turning, but since the show concentrated on Fall/Winter 2011/12, I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself.

I'm feeling very influenced by Paco Rabanne.  Hmm, come to think of it, I wonder if Rabanne was the inspiration behind Chris Isaak's "mirror ball" suit that he wore when I saw him in 2006?

Paco Rabanne chain mail dresses, circa 1967


Rabanne dress 1966, Photo by Richard Avedon

2 comments:

  1. so far away and yet classic and futuristic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love his work. Have passed up a few great vintage pieces because they're not wearable unfortunately. Just collector's items. I have enough of those already.

    ReplyDelete